American public education prepares all students with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions they need to be active participants in a robust democracy and to be successful in the global economy. Under this program, Carnegie has the following Focus Areas.
1. Leadership and Teaching to Advance Learning. Improving systems of preparing, recruiting, and developing teachers and education leaders to serve the needs of diverse learners;
2. New Designs to Advance Learning. Developing whole-school models that provide more effective learning environments for diverse learners;
3. Public Understanding. Supporting research on strategies that can drive parent and family engagement in education;
4. Pathways to Postsecondary Success. Improving alignment in student learning expectations between K-12 and postsecondary education; improving postsecondary education
5. Integration, Learning, and Innovation. Advancing integrated approaches across the Corporation’s portfolios and the field that enable greater collaboration, coherence, and dynamism;