The Global Innovation Fund invests in the development, rigorous testing, and scaling up of new products, services, business process, or policy reforms that are more cost-effective than current practice and targeted at improving the lives of the world’s poorest people.
GIF defines ‘innovation’ broadly to include new business models, policy practices, technologies, behavioural insights, or ways of delivering products and services that benefit the poor in developing countries — any solution that has potential to address an important development problem more effectively than existing approaches.
We accept applications working in any sector in any developing country.
Any type of organisation may apply. It is recommended that individual innovators, entrepreneurs, or researchers apply through an affiliated organisation.
We seek out innovations we believe have the greatest potential to improve the lives of millions of people living in poverty and only select those innovations which:
1. Are focussed on the poor.
2. Are novel approaches which are not commonplace.
3. Can improve upon alternatives solutions.
4. Are backed by evidence of potential impact.
5. Can be widely applied in many different settings.
6. Have the potential to scale to reach millions of people.
7. Are led by strong and dynamic teams.
8. Are ready for investment.
9. Will generate new knowledge on what works.
10. Have a clear role for GIF.
Please contact Daniel Hadley if you are interested in applying to this opportunity.