Google Research Scholar Program: Computer Science Research Awards
Deadline: December 1, 2021
Category: Early-career; computer science; social science,
The Research Scholar Program provides unrestricted gifts to support research at institutions around the world, and is focused on funding world-class research conducted by early-career professors.
Projects are selected through an internal review process. Applicants will be notified of their proposal status within four months of the initial submission.
- A full-time assistant, associate, or full professor at a university or degree-granting research institution.
- Post doctoral staff can only serve as a co-PI, not a primary PI.
- Applicants must have received their PhD within seven years of submission (e.g. applicant in 2021 must have received PhD in 2014 or later).
- We consider exceptions for applicants who have been teaching seven years or fewer and had delays, such as working in industry, parental leave, leave of absence, etc. This exception request can be documented on the application.
- Applicants can submit one application per round.
- Faculty can only serve as a PI or Co-PI per round. Applicants cannot serve on two separate proposals.
- Applicants can apply a maximum of 3 times within the 7 years post-PhD.
Please contact Gwen Allouch if you are interested in applying to this opportunity.